What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are an individually applied synthetic strands that provide length, curl and fullness. We offer two styles of extensions, Classic and Volume. The classic technique offers a natural look where as the volume techniques is more dramatic.
Will the application be harmful to my natural lashes?
No. Our expert Lash Technicians have been meticulously trained to apply lash extensions in a non-harmful way. They will assess your natural lashes in order to choose the correct length and thickness, carefully isolates the lashes, and use our top quality adhesives in order to prevent any possible damage to the natural lash.
In very rare occasions, clients may develop allergies to the adhesive. In this case we suggest to have the lashes removed and seek medical attention.
How long will a set of eyelash extensions last and how often do I need to get them filled?
Typically a full set will last up to 4 weeks for classic and 5 weeks for volume, however this can vary depending on your life style and how well you take care of the lashes. To maintain a full look we suggest to have your lashes filled every 2-3 weeks on average. If you do not book a fill within the suggested time periods, you will be required to book a new full set.
Can I swim, shower, exercise, or visit a spa while wearing eyelash extensions?
Yes! Our adhesive is waterproof so you can shower, swim and exercise with your lashes extensions on. However, you must keep your lashes completely dry for 24 hours after application so the adhesive can cure. Getting your lashes wet within the first 24 hours can result in a weakened bond and premature lash fallout.
Can I use eyelash curlers with eyelash extensions?
No, we do not recommend using a mechanical or heated lash curler on your lash extensions. This can cause damage to your extensions and potentially cut your natural lashes. We carry lash extensions in many different lengths, curls and thicknesses, if you want more curl we can adjust your style during your fill. Every look is customized for you.
How long will it take to apply eyelash extensions?
The applications process for a full set of lash extensions can take anywhere between 1.5 hours to 3 hours depending on which set you choose. Our refills are schedule by time, 45 minutes or 60 minutes for classic and 60 minutes or 90 minutes for volume.
How do I choose the look I want?
Every appointment includes a consultation so that you can discuss with your Lash Technician what look you are going for. They will assess your natural lashes to determine what length and curl is safe. Every clients lashes are different so your Lash Technician will take this into consideration when helping you choose a style.
Are eyelash extensions suitable for everyone?
Anyone of any age can have eyelash extensions applied as long as there is a healthy natural lash to attach the extension too. However if you have any type of eye infection, have recently undergone an eye operation, or have recently gone through chemotherapy, we request an ok from your physician before confirming your appointment.
*Please note that we require a guardians permission for all clients under the age of 18.
What is the aftercare?
It is important to follow these aftercare steps to maintain your lash extensions and the health of your natural lashes.
- Do not get your lash extensions wet for 24 hours after your appointment. This includes steam and mist.
- Avoid all oils around the eye area including serums, moisturizers and oily eye makeup removers.
- Do not apply mascara on top of your lashes extensions. This will destroy the bond of the extensions. If you apply mascara on top of your extensions you may require a removal and full set.
- Clean your lashes everyday with a liquid oil free makeup remover and water. This helps keep the adhesive bond stronger for longer and prevents infection.
- Avoid high temperature heat around you eyelash extensions. This includes hair dryers, ovens and steam rooms. This can cause the lashes to singe or straighten out.
What wax do you use for the brows and face?
We use NU Free, a gentle wax free hair removal system. Our hair remover is 100% botanical, chemical free, sugar free and wax free. It is ideal for sensitive skin, leaving minimal redness and pain.
For those who prefer threading, we offer that as well.
Semi - Permanent Cosmetics
What is Semi - Permanent Cosmetics?
Also known as cosmetic tattooing or micro-pigmentation. These treatments are done with a machine or with a manual pen and blade to create many different cosmetic looks including eyebrow shaping, lip blush and lash line enhancements. We use the top of the line pigments (not ink!) to implant the colour delicately into the skin. The results can last between 1 to 5 years depending on the skin type and everyday activities. Unlike techniques used in the past we use quality products and an artistic eye to create a natural and beautiful result.
Can anyone have Semi Permanent Cosmetics procedure done?
This is an invasive procedure that requires breaking of the skin. For the safety of our clients we have strict guidelines for who is eligible to receive any semi-permanent cosmetic treatments.
You are NOT suitable for any semi-permanent cosmetic procedure if you are:
- Pregnant or nursing
- Have a history with Keloids
- Have any viral infections or diseases
- Skin irritations around the area ( sunburns, rashes, acne, etc)
- Been on Accutane in that past 2 years
- Any illness, medication or treatment that affects your immune system.
- Have had Botox in the last 4 weeks
A doctors consent is needed for the following:
- Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Some Medications
- High blood pressure
- Recent organ transplant
- Autoimmune system
Do the procedures hurt?
At NVME we apply a topical anesthetic before starting the procedure and then a secondary anesthetic is applied during the procedure, to numb the effected area.
Some clients may experience pain as the numbing effect wears off near the end of the procedure, but it is still minimal.
What is the healing like?
Healing is different for every client and depends on the type of procedure received. You will receive an aftercare card during your appointment outlining all the steps you can take at home for optimal healing.
Please be aware that eyebrow treatments and lip treatments will appear darker and bolder for the first 10 days of healing.You will experience light scabbing or flaking during this time. After the treatment has healed the colour may be faint but will appear as its final colour a couple of weeks after it has fully healed. Results may vary from person to person.
You must follow the following instructions for ALL Semi Permanent Cosmetic treatments. Some treatments require specific aftercare requirements which will be discussed with you during your appointment.
- No water, cleansers, creams or makeup on the treated area for 10 days after treatment
- Do not rub, scratch or pick the treatment area. Let any scabbing or dry skin fall off naturally.
- Avoid direct sunlight around the treatment area for 3-4 weeks. Direct sun exposure can change the colour of the treated area when the skin has not fully healed. It can also cause irritation.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for 10 days after the treatment
- Avoid any activities that cause access sweating for 10 days after the treatment
- No fillers,Botox, chemical treatments,microdermabrasion or facials for 4 weeks after the treatment
How long will the results last?
The lasting effect is different for every client and depends on many different factors. Age, skin type, lifestyle, certain medications and aftercare can greatly effect the results of your treatment. Your technician will go through all of the risks and details with you and help you make the right choice for you.
*due to many factors that are out of our control, we can not guarantee the results of any semi-permanent cosmetic treatments
Can I select my desired shape and colour?
Of course! Our technicians will walk you through the entire process so that you understand the treatment completely and achieve your desired look.
Is the touch up after my first treatment necessary?
Yes! We offer a complimentary touch up is 6-8 weeks after your first treatment. During the healing process, the colour can fade up to three shades lighter. During the touch up appointment your technician will make any necessary adjustments to shape and colour.
Does the Lip Blush trigger cold sores?
For carriers of the Herpes Simplex Virus, the Lip Blush treatment may trigger a cold sore outbreak.To prevent a flare up, we recommend requesting a 10 day anti-viral medication prescription from your physician. Take the medication for 5 days prior to your appointment and then 5 days post. A cold sore outbreak can alter the healed result of the Lip Blush.
How to prepare for your Semi Permanent Makeup appointment:
- No caffeine and alcohol for 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- If you have previous work done from elsewhere please email us at email@example.com with a photo so we can assess the work and determine the right course of action for you.
- DO NOT take Advil or any blood thinners before your appointment. Tylenol can be taken if you have low pain tolerance.
- Do not receive any chemicals peels, laser skin resurfacing treatments or facials that will thin your skin for at least 4 weeks before your appointment.
- Do not take vitamin E or fish oils for at least 4 weeks before your appointment.
- If you have an active cold sore outbreak, unfortunately the lip blush procedure cannot be preformed
- Do not get lip injections 4 weeks before and after this treatment
- Lash serums will cause sensitivity to your lash line, we recommend that you stop using any lash serums 4 weeks prior to your appointment.
- You must remove any lash extensions prior to this appointment.
- If you have pink eye, a stye or any other eye infection on the procedure date, unfortunately the lash enhancement cannot be preformed and we require approval from your family doctor before rebooking the appointment.